Friday, August 5, 2016

Spectrum Noir Colorista is COMING!

Hey friends. Have you seen the latest Crafter's Companion and Spectrum Noir news. We are soooo excited!!! This is BIG I tell ya!

OK...so check it out. Adult coloring is HUGE all over the world, and it's here to stay! We can't wait for you to see...better yet...get your hands on the new Spectrum Noir Colorista products coming later this month. Adult coloring at it's finest. And it doesn't matter what level of coloring you are at...this is for EVERYONE. Trust me....you're gonna LOVE IT ALL. And that translates into WANT IT ALL. NEED IT ALL. GET IT ALL.

Mark your calendars for the world launch of Spectrum Noir Colorista on HSN with Sara Davies Tuesday, August 30th. 

In the meantime...you can get started coloring with the NEW Spectrum Noir Coloring Background Stamps. You will be able to purchase them over at Crafter's Companion.

Here's something I colored up with the Beautiful Butterfly Background Stamp.


These stamps are perfectly sized for A2 cards. I trimmed down my finished panel and layered it on white, then adhered to an A2 card front. The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Textures Artist Collection Words of Wonder - Set 1. I stamped it in gold on yellow cardstock.


I stamped on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock with Black StazOn Ink. Then I colored with Spectrum Noir AquaBlend watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. Once I was finished coloring, and it was dry, I added Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen on the butterflies.


The fun part of coloring these types of images - or any adult coloring book images - is that you don't have to rush. It's a relaxing process. Take your time and enjoying it. I snapped a few pictures during my coloring process. It's cool to look back and see the progress.


Another thing I did, for added interest and dimension, is used a craft knife to cut a portion of the large wing, then popped some dimensional foam adhesive underneath. 


I really enjoyed coloring this "adult coloring" style image. I'm just a beginner, so if I can do it...anyone can. Check out all the "Colorista" inspiration on our Pinterest Board. Wowzers! Loads of amazing colored samples by our design team. They will knock your socks off!

Stay up to date on all the latest news:

 Thank for stopping by today. Happy "adult" coloring!

Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir Colorista Beautiful Butterfly Background Stamp
Crafter's Companion Textures Artist Collection Words of Wonder - Set 1
Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Watercolor Pencils - Essentials and Naturals Set (Oregano, Kiwi, Spruce, Ocean, Kiwi, Cypress, Deep Forest, Apricot, Straw, Jungle Green, Beeswax, Umber, Lagoon, Wheat, Aqua, Sorrel)
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Crystal Clear
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Water brush
Black StazOn Ink Pad
Colored Cardstock
Craft Knife or X-Acto Knife
Adhesive
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Heat Gun
Delicata Golden Glitz Ink

No comments: