Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2016 Calendar Page

...and then all the sudden....BAM! It's August!

Here's my calendar page for this month. Totally lovin' how it turned out!


I used the Crafter's Companion Walls and Corners stamp set from the Textures Artist Collection to stamp the sun rays. Quick and easy - just inked up with 3 colors of Distress Inks. Then I tapped on some Moonlight Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen, and stamped on the page. Super sparkly in real life!

For the fun and funky sunglasses, I used Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - French 50's Cafe stamp set. I treated a piece of white cardstock with anti-static pouch, then stamped 3 different colors of Distress Inks. Then I quickly added clear embossing powder and heat embossed. Once cooled, I colored the lens area with Spectrum Noir Markers IG8, IG6, IG4 and IG2. Lastly, I used a Versamark Ink marker to color over the glasses, added clear embossing powder, then heat embossed.


After trimming out the sunglasses, I inked around the edges to finish them off so the white paper didn't show. They look really cool! I adhered the green and blue glasses flat, then popped up the red pair.



Have a happy day!

Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Textures - Walls and Corners Stamp Set
Crafter's Companion Sheena A Little Bit Scenic - French 50's Cafe
Spectrum Noir Markers: IG8, IG6, IG4, IG2
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear Overlay
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Shades of Spring Set
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Ranger Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral (Sunglasses)
Ranger Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (Sun rays)
Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink Marker
Anti-Static Pouch
Heat Embossing Tool
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Tape Runner

No comments: