Thursday, August 18, 2016

Anything Goes Challenge

I know many of you are super busy with back to school stuff going on. Or maybe just taking one last summer trip while you still have time. Always a ton of stuff going on during the summer months! So, to keep thing simple, our challenge this month over at Spectrum Noir is easy - Anything Goes! Gotta love that...right ;)

I did some fun watercoloring with my Spectrum Aqua Markers.


I stamped the image on Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock and heat embossed in white. To watercolor, I colored the marker directly on the image in the section I wanted a certain color. Then,  I used a watercolor brush to move and "wash" the color. After the section was dry, I moved on to the next. I continued to repeat this with each colored area until I was finished. You need to wait for each section to dry, otherwise the colors will blend and won't look like blocked sections. The marker colors I used:

Amber, Gold, Aquamarine, Rose Pink, Scarlet, Moss, Meadow, Sunflower

Next I used the fine nib end of the same color Aqua Markers to color in areas again Then with the watercolor brush I lightly dabbed to move the color just a bit. I was super happy with the results!


Once the panel was dry again, I die-cut it. I decided to make a card base to look like a clipboard - since that's what I usually watercolor on. I made a top fold A2 cardbase from kraft cardstock and then used Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad to swipe ink on it to give a wood look. Rounding the corners with a punch really set off the look. The clip and brush dies finish off the look.

I hope you can join the challenge this month. It's always fun to see everyone's creations. Get all the details HERE. Also, make sure to check us out over on:

Pinterest 
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook



Happy Anything Goes Month.  Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Spectrum Aqua Markers
Stamp - Tim Holtz Collection

Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock
Crafter's Companion Kraft Cardstock
Silver Cardstock
Blue Cardstock
VersaMark Ink
Antique Linen Distress Ink
White Embossing Powder
Anti-Static Pouch
My Favorite Things die-cuts
Die-cutting & Embossing Machine
Heat Embossing Tool
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Glue
Watercolor Brush
Corner Rounder Punch

No comments: